03 January 2021

what I've done

2014, I accepted an offer to lead a psychosocial unit in Makassar.
2015, I left the unit and joined a project for preventing blindness in children.
2016, the project set up an office in Makassar, while struggling for acceptance. I started to write my diary again.
2017, the program finally had a team of 7. It took off slowly and later, gained reputation for its unusual objective and comorehensive approach. I was almost collapsed. 
2018, the project presence was expected in any other district, but permit was slow it down. The team grew, from 7 to 9. My partner left to pursue better opportunity 
2019, I led the team running across 19 districts. The team grew to 16, pax at one point, even to 19. The project received additonal donation: spectacles.
2020, I was still pushing the team to run, but the world had to stop due to the covid19 pandemic. Timeline was delayed for 3 months and fortunately, was extended till end of 2020. The team grew to 21. Last semester, we all had to risk our lives by travelling, organizing service, meeting, reporting, unsyncronized data, rejection. All of those targets were achieved in mid december and the team disbanded on 30dec.
2021 january, I am leaving the city; leaving behind all the sweet and the bitter memory as a leader, a friend, an organizer, a traveller. I'll be facing new delightful, yet frightening role: a husband, a father, a son; roles I've abandoned for 6 years.

PS: I haven't been able to define how I feel. I don't know what these 6 years have meant for me or made me. Like a flatline. I think I've been dead inside, but not disoriented nor proud. Neither is guilt nor happy blossoms in me. 
Luckily somehow, I have captured my sanity and insanity state and written them.

Mks, 3jan2021

No comments: